Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BEFORE & AFTER CHEAP OR FREE FINDS


I'm pretty new to blogging and haven't done much with my blog (our) blog as I have a staging partner, Shari, and we've been very busy staging. We're running out of furniture and accessories so it's time to do some painting.  I've been given some decent furniture or bought some thrifty stuff that needs to be updated and some pizazz added!  I finally got started painting this morning and of course I forgot to take before pics of everything but remembered before I got too far. 

I'm in love with chalkboard and magnetic paint so have been gathering some frames, tables, and misc. to work some chalkboard magic on and I'm priming first with magnetic paint so we can add fun magnets to some of them.

And I will be using burlap for some projects too--the chairs in this post will have burlap seat cushions.  I'm trying to find some inexpensive burlap for some big projects.  I will post some pics on a later post of some burlap landscaping material we used to cover a card table and s other items.  I discovered this at a hardware store the other day and love it!  It's very cheap and a looser weave than regular burlap.  It won't work for every project as it's not very durable but for a lot of projects it's great.

I would love some ideas on what to do with my rusty piece that I think is so cool but have no idea what it is or what to do with it.  Also the bucket that I'm going to add some chalkboard paint to--if anyone has any ideas other than a planter, let me know!

Also--I apologize for my pics.  I'm new at uploading pics on the blog and can't seem to get them where I want them. 


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these little finds but I especially love the folding metal chair. I want one!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete